I am so excited to be a part of women’s week. Today is the first day of Women’s money week, where we will be educating women on personal finance. Today’s topic is entrepreneurship and making money.
Check out these great statistics on women and money
- According to Vanguard women save more, trade less, and diversify better than men. Men tend to overestimate their investing abilities
- According to the small business advice group score.org, women account for more than 1/3 of all people involved in entrepreneurial activity
- According to the U.S Census Bureau women entrepreneurs in 2007 had a major impact on the U.S economy, employing more than 7.6 million workers
Most women that I know are constantly looking for ways to make more money. Whether it’s looking for a side hustle, growing their existing business or just looking for a part-time job. It’s a part of our make up as women to always try to make more money.
Here are a few resources if you’re just getting started in the world of entrepreneurship.
- The Government of Canada provides a lot of information for entrepreneurs just getting started, such as business permits and licensing, financing options, growth and innovation ideas, grants, tax information, hiring and managing staff, market research and statistics, marketing and sales and a whole lot of other information
- The Canadian Women’s Business Network provides resources to assist you in developing your business
- Women Business Owners of Canada is a not-for-profit association that represents the interests of women entrepreneurs across Canada
What are you doing to try to make more money? Or are you thinking about starting a business?