Whenever you have kids at home on vacation, chances are that they will pester you to take them somewhere interesting where they can have lots of fun before they go back to school. Besides fun, you can also consider places where they learn something, such as a historical site, geographical landmark or wildlife park. Now is a great time to take the kids on a holiday before they hit those books again.
Here are 5 getaways that you can take your kids to before they head back to school:
1. Paris, France: Beside the Eiffel Tower, the beautiful and historical capital of France has so much to offer that your kids will love being there. You can take them to the museums, including the Musée du Louvre, which houses many famous works of art, including the Mona Lisa; and Musée d’Orsay which is home to impressionist arts, including those by Monet. You can take them sightseeing to the Eiffel Tower, Sacré-Coeur, Arc de Triomphe, Versailles Palace, the Notre Dame Cathedral and many other world famous places.
2. Vancouver, Canada: Vancouver is a great place to take the kids during the summer because it offers a lot of opportunities for outdoor activities, including cycling, hiking, fishing, skiing and boating. There are also many museums, including the Museum of Anthropology where your children can learn many things. They will also enjoy walking across the Capilano Suspension Bridge, which hangs high above the ground and provides a real thrill. For sightseeing, you can take them to Stanley Park and the English Bay, which offers a breathtaking view of the harbor.
3. New York, USA: Your children will love a vacation in the city that never sleeps. There are so many things to see and do in this bustling city that you will be practically running from one place to another. You can take the kids to see world famous landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, The Empire State Building and the Grand Central Station. You can take them to the opera, ballet and theater. There are also many world famous museums including the Modern Arts Museum and Guggenheim.
4. Buenos Aires, Argentina: The beautiful and bustling capital of Argentina is not as far away as it seems. To make things more interesting for the kids, it has the opposite seasons, so when it is fall in Canada, it is spring in Argentina and the weather is perfect and flowers are full bloom. Buenos Aires has many attractions that your children will really enjoy. You can take them to the Paseo del Rosedal (Rose Garden Walk), Fair of Mataderos, Palermo, Palermo Hippodrome, La Boca, Plaza de Mayo and the Children’s Museum.
5. Tokyo, Japan: One of the largest and the most high-tech cities in the world, Tokyo is also a beautiful city where you and your children can experience a different culture and have lots of fun. You can take the children to the Tokyo Tower and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building to see a bird’s-eye-view of the city. Historical sites like the Imperial Palace provide a good glimpse of Japanese history. The city has many Buddhist and Shinto sites that will teach the children about the Japanese culture and religion. And, of course, you can buy them the latest electronic items as holiday souvenirs.
Are you planning any trips before the kids go back to school?